Saturday, January 12, 2019

The Journey Part 26: Festive Season



Written By Sivuyile Tshalana.

I have to say this festive season wasn’t all that in terms of hype and the way I thought I was going to enjoy it. In fact I didn’t really dwell on the festive season, as I was mostly busy throughout the whole December holidays seasons. I’m trying to get my life together and on track with what I want on earth. At the same time I felt that growth has hit me big time as I found no interesting things with December. I tried to going out and having fun every now and then but when the budget it tight its very hard to enjoy your festive season. My finances haven’t been up to date this year. At the same time that didn’t mean I shouldn’t be grateful for life and all the blessings that are going my way this year.

I didn’t really spend quality time with my family as we were scattered along the country and everyone was very busy. Most family members were working and they didn’t really get December holidays in their workplaces. Its understandable though as we need the money in order to look after ourselves and our loved ones. With that being said, I enjoyed spending time with my son. It was the first time we spent quality time on the 25th of December, as it me and him, just the two of us. I had to prepare Christmas lunch for us and it was an exciting yet challenging task as I wanted to impress my son. We really had a time of our lives, he actually loved the Christmas lunch and he played a role in helping me prepare the lunch. It was a bonding session, father and son moments that were priceless. Sitting with me, catching up and having some incredible conversations. A child doesn’t lie so I like to pay attention when we have conversations so that I’ll what’s bothering him in his life. As we don’t stay together currently, but soon we will be together as a proper family. What amazes me is that he could truly have a conversation with me and being called “Dad” is an unexplainable feeling. Although I’m still learning in this fatherhood industry but bits by bits I’ll get it right. I will make him and my family proud, its just a matter of time.

I also spent some time later that day with my childhood friends, to be honest we got up to no good since they had this idea that its Christmas and we could actually do all with our time. We enjoyed some few drinks and then we went to the nearest pub for some more fun. We came in the morning all tired and no regrets though as we made the most of our night. I hardly have fun but when I do I make sure I enjoy my time outside my comfort zone. I’m glad that no-one got hurt as we all came back in one piece. It was a fantastic day and I can’t really complain as I saw that the best things in life are actually in front me, like literary. I realized that fun differs from person to person but more often than not fun is created by myself as a human being. Each person is capable to create their own fun and it doesn’t really have to involve alcohol and drugs in order to be considered as fun.

My New Year’s Eve was something to remember for the rest of my life. Although I can’t really get into more details but it was enjoyable. When the song of the year played which was Banomoya by Prince Kaybee ft Busiswa and TNS, I danced like nobody was watching. I had to thank the Lord for giving me yet another year to be greater. I feel that 2019 is year for success and happiness all around. Whatever that has happened in the previous year, it is now in the past and in order for us to go forward we need to make peace with our past. The future is in our hands, don’t let anyone fool you into believing you not enough and that you can't make it life. It’s about time we put those brilliant brains of ours into good use.

2 comments: